I am pleased to provide you with information about the 2020 Summer Experience Program (SEP).
The Summer Experience Program provides funding to not-for-profit organizations, municipalities, Indigenous organizations and First Nation communities to create career-related summer employment opportunities for students.
The summer employment positions must focus on activities supporting key sectors within the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries and the Citizenship and Immigration Division of the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
SEP employment opportunities must offer training, work experience and skills transferable to the general workforce and to future careers. The positions must focus on activities that support the key sectors of citizenship and immigration, tourism, culture, heritage and sport and recreation.
Please review the Summer Experience Program Guidelines and Terms and Conditions for information on the various Ministry priorities, to assess your organization’s eligibility and to familiarize yourself with the specific program criteria for hiring a summer student.
FYI: Tourism priorities for SEP positions:
- Work in the tourism sector to attract new tourism investment and provide support to tourism regions, sector associations and Indigenous tourism organizations.
- Support product development, marketing, workforce development and investment attraction programs and services.
- Provide tourists with educational, cultural, recreational, and entertainment experiences and opportunities.
- Establish policies and programs that support tourism development throughout the province, 365 days a year.
All applications must be submitted online, in either English or French through Transfer Payment Ontario.
The deadline to apply for the 2020 Summer Experience Program is Thursday, February 27 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Please do not hesitate to contact me by phone or e-mail if you have any questions or require clarification.
Technical support related to the Transfer Payment Ontario please contact Transfer Payment Ontario (TPON) Client Care:
- Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Toronto: (416) 325-6691
- Toll Free: 1-855-216-3090
- TTY/Teletypewriter (for the hearing impaired): 416-325-3408 / Toll free: 1-800-268-7095
- Email: TPONCC@ontario.ca
Regional Development Advisor I Regional and Corporate Services Division
Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries I Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility
51 Heakes Lane, Kingston, ON K7M 9B1
Phone: (613)-531-1184 Email: Blair.Harris@ontario.ca
Please contact me if you require this email or any of the attached materials in an alternate format.