As of today September 22, Ontario requires proof of vaccination to access select settings.
Download or print your vaccination receipt at ontario.ca/proofofvaccination
Businesses, access posters for your business at: https://www.health.gov.on.ca/.../2019_guidance.aspx...
Proof of vaccination requirements will come into affect in higher-risk indoor settings. The following areas will be affected:
- Restaurants and bars (excluding outdoor patios, as well as delivery and takeout);
- Nightclubs (including outdoor areas of the establishment);
- Meeting and event spaces, such as banquet halls and conference/convention centres;
- Facilities used for sports and fitness activities and personal fitness training, such as gyms, fitness and recreational facilities with the exception of youth recreational sport;
- Sporting events;
- Casinos, bingo halls and gaming establishments;
- Concerts, music festivals, theatres and cinemas;
- Strip clubs, bathhouses and sex clubs;
- Racing venues (e.g., horse racing).
This requirement does not apply to outdoor setting areas and where people receive medical care, food from grocery stores and medical supplies.
The Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development has now extended job-protected unpaid infectious disease emergency leave (IDEL) until January 1, 2022. To read more about the extension, visit the COVID-19 temporary change to the Employment Standards Act webpage.
2021 Federal All Candidates Debate for the riding for Leeds-Grenville-Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes
The Brockville and District Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the 1000 Islands Gananoque Chamber of Commerce and South Grenville Chamber of Commerce held a All Candidates Debate on Wednesday Sept 8 at the Brockville Art Centre for the riding of Leeds-Grenville-Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes.
Unfortunately Lorraine Rekmans from the Green Party could not attend.
Thank you to Sue Watts from Employment and Education Centre for moderating the All Candidates Debate
Thank you to YourTV Brockville and Gananoque for broadcasting the event live on Sept 8 plus recording the event.